Jónófón by Jon Helgi Hólmgeirsson
Jónófón is an acoustic vinyl-record-player that uses a papercup and a horn made out of paper to amplify the music from the vinyl record.
Jónófón strips down a technology that is hidden to most people and copys the design of the classic heavy gramophone. The gramophone that was invented more than 120 years ago by the german Emile Berliner, was a kind of a furniture that played heavy records through a big metal horn. Jónófón however uses a much simpler and lighter form where the record is in the foreground.
You could say that jónófón is some sort of a return to simplicity while the technology today has gotten so complicated that it’s not made for the average Joe to understand. Jónófón comes in a flat-pack and is the user suppost to obtain an understanding of how the player functions by putting it together for himself from scratch.
See it in action: Vimeo
9 Notes/ Hide
- chipped-tooth reblogged this from givedesignachance
- gcfxsbk likes this
- wuikk reblogged this from givedesignachance
- wuikk likes this
- g-lucchetta likes this
- fuckingniggacat likes this
- nevermindcharz likes this
- zabotage reblogged this from givedesignachance
- right-brainiac likes this
- givedesignachance posted this